Since its release, Midnights has accomplished over 6 million album equivalent units worldwide, with 3 million in the U.S., establishing Swift as the only artist ever to have five albums with over 1 million units during its release week.
Here’s another accomplishment that earns Swift another round of applause — Midnights is also the first album to sell over 1 million physical albums since 2015.
For the eleven-time GRAMMY winner, Midnights became the fastest-selling album of Swift’s career. The critically-praised album also made Swift the first musical artist to seize the Top 10 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 Chart. In 2022 alone, the list of accolades for Swift is endless. To name a few:
- Midnights debuted with a career-high 1+ billion first-week global streams
- The first artist in history to capture the entire top 5 on Billboard Global 200
- Broke the record for most consecutive No. 1 studio album debuts on billboard 200 (11)
- In Australia, Swift became the first artist in history with a No. 1 single, No. 1 album, and No. 1 airplay debut, and topped both sales charts for five straight weeks.
- Broke the record for most Top 10 Hits by a Female Artist (40)
Not only that but Swift has also recently been nominated for a series of upcoming awards. The singer has earned four Grammy Awards nominations (Song of the Year – “All Too Well (Ten Minute Version) (The Short Film)“; Best Country Song; Best Music Video, and Best Song Written for Visual Media for “Carolina.”
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) November 4, 2022
Written for the film Where The Crawdads Sing, “Carolina” has also recently been nominated for a Golden Globe Award, Critics Choice Award, and Hollywood Critics Association Award, as well as being named to the Oscar shortlist for Best Original Song in 2023.
But aside from the many nominations, in 2023, Swift will also head out on the road on her highly anticipated The Eras Tour, playing 52 stadium shows in the U.S. and no doubt making history each night.