Around 20 years ago, Christopher Paolini published Eragon. He was 19 years old and started writing this epic fantasy series when he was just 15. The Inheritance Cycle then went on to become a bestselling series. As with many bestsellers, there was a movie back in 2006, though it was bad (but that can be said about many book-to-movie adaptations). We haven’t heard much about The Inheritance Cycle since then but you might have noticed Christopher Paolini popping up on your feed recently.
This is because there is a new Inheritance Cycle book coming out this month, titled Murtagh, and we are all very excited for it. Murtagh is a direct sequel to Inheritance, book 4 of the original series and follows Murtagh as he is left to face the consequences of the reluctant role he played in the evil king’s reign of terror. Now, if you are asking who Murtagh is, he is one of the characters in the Inheritance Cycle. And if you needed to ask that question, it means you need to (re)read the original series.
Our own copies of the Inheritance Cycle are either missing or battered but fear not, because Penguin is reprinting the original series. The new version features artworks by John Jude Palencar, same as the the original ones, but has some cool new letterings done by Jason Carne. You can look at all the letterings here. The new edition also comes with matching spines that depict the landscapes!
To celebrate the release of the new paperbacks, we are giving one of you a chance to win the entire set. To enter the giveaway, simply follow the instructions in the tweet below:
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
2. This giveaway is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
3. This giveaway opens at 12:00 and closes on at 21:00
4. One (1) winner will be selected at random from all applicable entries. The prize consists of one (1) copy of Eragon, one (1) copy of Eldest, and one (1) copy of Brisingr, and one (1) copy of Inheritance. Prize has no cash value and no alternative prize is available.
5. Winner will be contacted via Twitter direct message by @unitedbybks after the giveaway closes. Winners must provide United By Pop with their full name and mailing address to receive their prize. If winner fails to do so within 24 hours of being contacted, winner forfeits their prize and a new winner will be selected.
6. United By Pop is not responsible for prizes that are lost or damaged in the post. Prizes may take up to 90 days to arrive.
7. This giveaway is in no way sponsored by or affiliated with Instagram and/or Facebook.