Closed: Win 1 of 5 copies of Born Scared by Kevin Brooks
The unmissable ‘Born Scared’ by Kevin Brooks is the perfect coming-of-age YA novel that deals with mental health.
The story follows thirteen-year-old Elliot, who can count the times he has left his house on the fingers of one hand. Why would he need to when the only things that lay beyond his bedroom door are the fear of the unknown and apprehension over the possible death that awaits there? Dealing with the crippling anxiety that has clouded every moment of his life has put a strain on both Elliot and his family’s existence. When his medication runs out and his mum hasn’t returned with his life-saving prescription, Elliot must attempt to face his fears.
Elliot’s story is an incredibly sad one and unfortunately, not uncommon. Brooks approaches the subject with a sensitivity and yet a candour that is refreshing to read. He brilliantly represents the struggle of living with a mental illness and whilst not always an easy read, it’s an honest portrayal.
We’ve teamed up with Egmont to offer five of you the chance to win a copy. To be in with a chance of winning, simply follow the instructions in the tweet below.
— United By Pop (@unitedbypop) January 27, 2017
Terms and conditions:
- This giveaway is open to residents of the United Kingdom only
- Five winners will be randomly selected from all applicable entries
- Winners will receive one (1) copy of Kevin Brooks’ ‘Born Scared’.
- No alternative prize is available
- Giveaway closes on Friday 3rd February 2017 9pm GMT
- United By Pop will contact the prize winner via Twitter direct message
- Winner must provide United By Pop with their full name and mailing address to receive their prize
- If the winner does not provide these details within 24 hours of being contacted, they forfeit their prize