39 lyrics from Taylor Swift’s new album Lover that make perfect Instagram captions
Remember "Darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream" anyone?
The wait is finally over… Taylor Swift’s highly anticipated seventh album is out now, and we’re feeling ALL the feels. ‘Lover’ has been described by Taylor as a “love letter to love itself – all the captivating, spellbinding, maddening, devastating red, blue, grey, golden aspects of it” — and it’s extra special, as it’s the first one she’s ever owned the masters to.
From bops like ‘Cruel Summer’ to tear-jerkers such as ‘Soon You’ll Get Better’, the record explores an entire spectrum of emotions whilst celebrating many different forms of love. It has a notably lighter undertone than its dark predecessor ‘reputation’, but one thing remains true throughout Taylor’s entire songwriting catalogue: Her lyricism is on fire.
As usual, the tracks are absolutely littered with inspiration for Instagram captions. (Remember “Darling I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream” anyone?) We’ve had the record on repeat all morning and have rounded up all the best lyrics for when you’re lacking imagination. You can thank us later.
- In my feelings more than Drake
- I forgot that you existed
- I thought that it would kill me but it didn’t
- Fever dream high in the quiet of the night
- Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes
- What doesn’t kill me makes me want you more
- No rules in breakable heaven
- Can I go where you go?
- Take me out and take me home
- My heart’s been borrowed and yours has been blue
All’s well that ends well to end up with you
- I’d be a fearless leader, I’d be an alpha type
- Who could ever leave me darling… but who could stay?
- Help me hold onto you
- Want to see what’s under that attitude
- I think he knows
- Voted most likely to run away with you
- Boys will be boys then, where are the wise men?
- It’s you and me, that’s my whole world
- I like shiny things, but I’d marry you with paper rings
- This city screams your name
- I get drunk but it’s not enough
- Trying to find a part of me you didn’t take up
- Gave you too much but it wasn’t enough
- Paper cut stings from our paper-thin plans
- They say home is where the heart is but that’s not where mine lives
- You know I love a London boy
- Don’t threaten me with a good time
- Stick with me, I’m your queen
- Like a Tennessee Stella McCartney
- I’m New York City
- Snakes and stones never broke my bones
- ‘Cause shade never made anybody less gay
- Religion’s in your lips, the altar is my hips
- You still do it for me babe
- Meet me in the afterglow
- Tell me that I’m all you want
- I promise that you’ll never find another like me
- Call my bluff, call you babe
- Step into the daylight and let it go