10 of the most empowering Lizzo lyrics
She should consider a career as a motivational speaker.
The 31-year-old dances on stage, unashamed and full of confidence, breaking stereotypes for female musicians. She’s a breath of fresh air and we rightfully crown her our self-love queen. Lizzo has worked hard to achieve her caliber of fame—’Truth Hurts’ was actually released back in 2016 but its recent success makes it one of our favorite songs of the summer.
What better way to celebrate Lizzo’s well-deserved chart-topper than with a list of her most iconic lyrics? These are the songs that get us pumped, ready to take on the day, and make us ask: What would Lizzo do?
10. “Who told you that you stood a chance with this royalty? / You’re so sweet, bless your heart.”
Lizzo’s signature sass shines through in ‘Jerome.’ She doesn’t settle so why should we?
9. “Only exes I care about are in my f*cking chromosomes.”
A lesson in science and a heart-to-heart in ‘Like A Girl?’ Lizzo can do it all.
8. “I know I’m a queen but I don’t need no crown.”
This one from ‘Soulmate’ says it all—flashy awards don’t define our self-worth.
7. “Don’t worry ’bout the small things, I know I can do all things.”
There are so many lines from ‘Good As Hell’ that are Instagram-able but this one could be a part of Lizzo’s inevitable self-help book.
6. “I’m like chardonnay, get better over time.”
‘Juice’ is just like this line—it’ll only age like fine wine.
5. “Woke up feelin’ like I just might run for president / Even if there ain’t no precedent, switchin’ up the messaging / I’m about to add a little estrogen.”
Nothing can get more legendary than this line from ‘Like A Girl.’ Vote Lizzo 2020.
4. “I get flowers every Sunday / I’ma marry me someday.”
‘Soulmate’ taught us love doesn’t have to be felt in a relationship with someone else—it can be with yourself.
3. “Boss up and change your life / You can have it all, no sacrifice.”
If Lizzo said we have to change our lives in ‘Good As Hell’ then we have to—it’s mandatory.
2. “No, I’m not a snack at all / Look, baby, I’m the whole damn meal.”
We have to mention ‘Juice’ again just for this part. Why should we settle as measly crumbs when we could be an expensive steak?
1. “I just took a DNA test, turns out I’m 100% that bitch.”
And of course, we couldn’t forget this one. ‘Truth Hurts’ all the way.