Mark it in your calendars, the 27th to the 29th of July is when all your bookish dreams can come true at London’s Olympia. YALC or the Young Adult Literature Convention if you’re being fancy, is back for another year.
YALC 2018 is a celebration of the very best books for young people – and fans of young adult fiction will once again have chance to meet favourite authors, discover new books, listen to inspiring talks, take part in hands-on creative workshops, meet agents and publishers – and much more!
40 authors have so far been announced for the weekend, want to see what’s in store? You’ve come to the right place.
- Chloe Seager author of ‘Editing Emma‘ will be signing copies of her book and taking part in a panel on Friday 27th July.
- Alwyn Hamilton author of ‘Hero at the Fall‘ will be signing copies of her book.
- Elizabeth Klefoth will be making her way to London on Sunday 29th with her brand new book ‘All The Beautiful Strangers’.
- Ed McDonald joins in the fun on Friday to talk about his book and sword fighting skills…
- Annalie Grainger will be there on Friday 27th taking part in a panel and signing ‘In Your Light‘ afterwards.
- Eve Ainsworth author of ‘Tender‘ joins in the fun on Sunday at YALC 2018.
- Hopping on a plane from America and joining this year is Christina Henry, author of ‘The Mermaid‘.
- Charly Cox will be joining the already expanding line up of guests on Saturday.
- Deardie Sullivan will be there on Friday.
- Alice Skinner author of ‘The Revolution Handbook‘ will be signing copies and taking part in a panel on Saturday.
- Loved ‘Bookshop Girl‘ by Chloe Coles? She’ll be there on Friday.
- Signing copies of ‘Starfish‘ on Sunday is the one and only Akemi Dawn Bowman.
- If you didn’t have enough panels and signings confirmed already, Emily Barr author of ‘The Truth And Lies of Ella Black‘ will be doing just that on Sunday.
- ‘The Summer Of Us‘ author Cecilia Vinesse will make an appearance on the Sunday.
- Meet the author who brought us ‘In Paris With You‘ Clementine Beauvais on Sunday.
- Signing copies of ‘The Fandom‘ on Sunday is Anna Day.
- ‘Record of a Spaceborn Few‘ author Becky Chambers will be joining YALC 2018 on the Saturday to talk about all things galactic and meet fans.
- Making her YALC debut on Saturday this year is ‘The Belles‘ author Dhonielle Clayton.
- ‘I Was Born For This‘ author Alice Oseman will be there on the Friday.
- Also there on the Friday is the author of the ‘Super Awkward’ series Beth Garrod.
- Laura Wood will be there with her upcoming YA debut, ‘A Sky Painted Gold’.
- ‘A Skinful of Shadows’ author Frances Hardinge will be joining YALC’s Saturday line up.
- ‘The Electrical Venus’ author Julie Mayhew will be there on Sunday.
- Keren David, author of ‘Stranger’ will also be attending on Saturday.
- ‘Final 7’ author Kerry Drewery will be spending Saturday signing books and talking to fans.
- ‘Flying Tips For Flightless Birds’ author Kelly McCaughrain will be making her appearance on Sunday.
- Laura Steven and her brilliant debut ‘The Exact Opposite of Okay’ will be at YALC on Saturday.
- Author Karen Gregory will be signing copies of ‘Skylarks’ and taking part in an exciting panel on Saturday.
- The always lovely Lauren James, author of ‘The Loneliest Girl in the Universe’ is another author joining the Saturday line up.
- If you’re at YALC on Saturday, you might just bump into ‘My Heart Goes Bang’ author Keris Stainton.
- ‘Truly, Wildly, Deeply’ author Jenny McLachlan will be making her YALC appearance on Sunday.
- Saturday will give you the chance to meet Josh Martin, author of ‘Anassa’.
- Joanne Harris, author of the well known novel come movie ‘Chocolat’, will be talking all about her new book ‘The Testament of Loki’ on Friday.
- Holly Bourne will be discussing all things ‘It Only Happens in the Movies’ on Sunday.
- Laura Dockrill will be there on Saturday chatting about her newly released YA novel ‘Big Bones’.
- ‘Sweet Black Waves’ author of Kristina Perez will be making her YALC debut on Friday.
- Joining Sundays show stopping line up is ‘Show Stopper’ author Haley Barker.
- Gayle Forman will be at YALC on Friday discussing her new book ‘I Have Lost My Way’.
- Is YALC ever really YALC without ‘Wing Jones’ author Katherine Webber? Thankfully she’ll be returning for YALC day one (Friday).
- Juno Dawson will be joining the Sunday line up discussing all things YA and her wonderfully books, including her newest title ‘Clean’.
Phew. With even more names added to the line up next week YALC 2018 is going to be unmissable.
Buy tickets for this year here.
Featured image source