7 tips on Doing It! with Hannah Witton
Hannah Witton is known for her straight-talking YouTube videos about sex, relationships and real life scenarios. Seriously, sometimes we don’t want things sugarcoated. Now, our online guru has written down her thoughts, feelings and life experiences into one must-have book, ‘Doing It!’ It’s filled with everything you’ve ever wanted to know about sex, but felt too awkward to ask.
Here are seven things we learned from Hannah’s ‘Doing It!’ book.
- Don’t obsess over losing your virginity. Between 2010 and 2012, the British National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles interviewed more than 15,000 men and women aged between 16-74. They discovered that only about 30% of people aged between 16-24 had had sex under the age of 16. So far more people are talking about it rather than doing it.
- Will your vagina bleed the first time you have sex because of the hymen? The hymen only partially covers the vaginal opening – and it’s stretchy. Your hymen can be stretched by a penis, but also tampons, fingers and even doing some sports!
- What if you can’t get it up? It’s totally normal. Having sex for the first time can be nervous and exciting, just take your time and relax.
- No means no. If you hear a no, that’s a no. A ‘no’ isn’t a challenge, it isn’t a case of pestering them enough to turn the ‘no’ into a ‘yes’. That’s not cool.
- Masturbation is not a dirty, gross, selfish, loveless act. It’s a safe place to experiment with your pleasure and get to know your body.
- Don’t compare yourself to porn. There’s a typical porn star image, big dicks, tiny vulvas and big perky boobs. The reason some porn stars’ vulvas look so tiny is because of a surgery called labiaplasty.
- Check the expiration date of your condom – there’s an expiry date for a reason!