Craig David has announced this morning that he is set to go on the biggest tour in over fifteen years hitting arenas all around the country. In addition to this, he’s announced his upcoming album of the same name is hitting shops on September 30th including the tracks ‘When The Bassline Drops’ and ‘Ain’t Giving Up’.
His revival is important as it’s highlighted his ambition not to let his dwindled career be the end of him. Craig, like many others, was a victim of the ever-changing music industry within the 00s, where many number-one sellers could completely plummet just one year later due to shifting in formats and ways of consuming music. Unfortunately, after his debut number one album ‘Born To Do It’, he started to suffer from a reduction in popularity.
However, Craig obviously has the talent which is why his reduction in popularity at the time doesn’t match up. That’s why now, he is back in a music industry which is much more stable and he can prove that he wasn’t just a one-album wonder. So for Craig, this marks the start of 2.0, and this brand new album and tour are going to completely set him on the right track.
Speaking about the tour Craig says “I’m beyond excited to announce this tour! It’s been 15 years since I did an arena tour here in the UK and I want to enjoy every single second this time around. I don’t take anything for granted and this tour honestly means the world to me.
The dates for the 2017 ‘Following My Intuition’ Tour follows:
- 16 March Cardiff – Motorpoint Arena
- 18 March Liverpool – Echo Arena
- 19 March Bournemouth – BIC
- 21 March Plymouth – Pavilions
- 22 March Brighton – Centre
- 24 March Birmingham – Barclaycard Arena
- 25 March London – The O2
- 28 March Nottingham – Motorpoint Arena
- 29 March Newcastle – Metro Radio Arena
- 31 March Leeds – First Direct Arena
- 01 April Manchester – Arena
- 03 April Glasgow – SSE Hydro Arena
- 04 April Aberdeen – GE Oil & Gas Arena
- 06 April Belfast – SSE Arena
- 07 April Dublin – 3 Arena